Search Mighty Acorns

Monday, July 5, 2021

Redeeming Devices

One of the major modern parenting issues is technology and devices. There is an entire spectrum from "My kid will never have a device" to "My kid has unlimited devices".

This is not a post on if and/or when a child should or should not get a device. This is a post on how to redeem devices.

There is an amazing verse in the Bible that we actually have up in our school room as well as in the forefront of my mind.

Ephesians 5:15-16
So pay very careful attention, then, how you live. Don't live like unwise fools, but live like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity [Redeeming the time], because the days are evil.

I believe this verse shows us that we should make the most of every opportunity [redeem the time]. I believe this also includes devices.

One way that I have been redeeming devices with my 15-year-old son is by praying that God will give me a passage of Scripture to send to him each day. And God has been faithful every single day since I have started praying. I send him the Scripture with some insights and application and prayer and an "I love you" every day.

Here is what I sent him today:
2nd Timothy 3:14-17
14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Stay faithful in and to God's Word, which you have known from childhood. Let it teach you, correct you, and guide you that you may be complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work that God has for you. Love you.

I pray that this is an encouragement and applicable thing for you. Let's go out and redeem the time. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment